GDPR Privacy Notice
Who we are?
Stem7 Limited (Company Registration No: 8572607) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This privacy notice sets out the basis on which any personal data Stem7 Limited collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed. For the purposes of data protection legislation in force from time to time the data controller is Stem7 Limited whose registered address is 107 Cheapside, London. EC2V 6DN.
Who do we collect data from?
- We collect the personal data of the following types of people to allow us to undertake our business activities: prospective and placed candidates, prospective and live client contacts, supplier contacts to support our services, employees of Stem7 Limited, temporary workers and third party businesses.
What legal basis do we have for using your information?
- We collect information about you to carry out our core business and ancillary activities which is necessary for our legitimate interests.
Legitimate Business Interest:
- As a recruitment business we introduce candidates to clients for permanent employment, fixed term placements and temporary placements. The exchange of personal data of our candidates and our client contacts is an essential part of this process. In order to support our candidates’ career aspirations and our clients’ resourcing needs, we require a database of candidate and client personal data. To expand and develop our business, we also need to record the personal data of prospective candidates and client contacts.
- Should we need to rely on consent to lawfully process your data we will request your consent orally, by email or by an online process and record your response on our system. Where consent is the lawful basis for our processing, you have the right to withdraw your consent to this particular at any time.
What personal data do we collect about you?
- Candidates: We collect the information necessary to find career opportunities for you. This information includes your name, contact details, CV, identification documents, educational records, work history, compensation details and job preferences. If you were to reach offer stage with one of our clients, we might at their request ask for additional information from you. This might include previous pay slips and reference contacts.
- Client Contacts: We will record information about you, including but not limited to your name, job title, employment history and contact information including your email address, your business phone and mobile number.
- Suppliers: We need contact details of relevant individuals at your organisation so that we can communicate with you. We also need other information such as contact details and bank details, so we can pay for the
services you are providing.
- Employees: We collect necessary personal data on our employees including but not limited to: Bank Details, National Insurance Number, Medical Information, Reference Contacts, Emergency Contacts, Confirmation of UK Working Rights.
Why we hold your data?
- Candidates: We hold this data in order to assist you in finding an appropriate job. We also hold this data to provide your details to prospective employers and we will only share your information with named prospective employers with your permission. We also use this data to give you advice on your career.
- Client Contact: We hold this information to provide recruitment services to you.
- Suppliers: We hold your personal data to ensure that the contractual arrangements between us can properly be implemented and we comply with legal requirements.
- Employees: We process your personal data in order to effectively carry out the contractual arrangements between us. We hold your medical records and details of your emergency contacts in order to effectively respond to any emergency.
Who do we share your data with?
- Candidate: Your personal data is shared with our clients in relation to resourcing requirements they have that match your experience. In this instance, we would not share your data without your consent to do so. We may also release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so by law. We may disclose information to third parties who perform functions and services on our behalf. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Stem7 Limited. We do not share your personal information with third parties who wish to use it for marketing purposes.
- Client Contact: When we are engaged by you to help with your recruitment requirements, we might discuss personal information about you to potential candidates. This might include your current job title and employment history. On occasion, we might provide your contact details directly to candidates but this would only be done with your consent.
- Suppliers: Where necessary, we might pass your data to other suppliers who also help us with our activities. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Stem7 Limited. We do not share your personal information with third parties who wish to use it for marketing purposes.
- Employees: We may disclose information to third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Stem7 Limited. We do not share your personal information with third parties who wish to use it for marketing purposes.
How do I receive Job Alerts?
- To subscribe to job alerts emails, you will be required to provide your e-mail address, which will be used for the purpose of keeping you informed, by e-mail, of the latest jobs in your nominated industry. You can update your marketing settings with us at: https://portal.tracker-rms.com/Stem-7/gdpr.asp
Where do we find candidate data?
- We may collect personal data directly from you, from referrals and from social media sources such as Linkedin. We also advertise and have access to job boards such as Efinancial Careers. We use our sources lawfully.
Where is the processing based and where do you store data?
- All the personal data we have is stored on our database in the United Kingdom
How long do we intend to store data?
- We understand our legal duty to retain accurate data and only retain personal data for as long as we need it for our legitimate business interests and that you are happy for us to do so. Accordingly, we have a data retention notice and run data routines to remove data that we no longer have a legitimate business interest in maintaining.
What happens if you do not provide us with the information we request or ask that we stop processing your information?
- If you do not provide the personal data necessary, or withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data, we may not be able to match you with available job opportunities or relevant candidates.
Do we make automated decisions concerning you?
- No, we do not carry out automated profiling
Do we transfer your data outside the EEA?
- Stem7 Limited has client and candidate relationships outside of the EEA. With your consent, we might transfer your personal data to these candidates and client contacts to help you with your recruitment requirements or job search. These countries privacy laws may be different from those in your home country.
What rights do you have in relation to the data we hold on you?
- By law, you have a number of rights when it comes to your personal data. These include the right to be forgotten, to rectify or access data, to restrict processing, to withdraw consent and to be kept informed about the processing of your data. If you ask us to delete the information we hold on you, we will delete all information with the exception of your email address, first name and last name. This will enable us to record that you have withdrawn consent. In addition, where required by law, we may retain certain personal information about you to fulfil our legal obligations.
- You have the right to ask Stem7 Limited to stop using your information. Please send a request
to DPO@stem-7.com .
- You can also update your Privacy Settings and how we contact you by clicking on the link below:
How do we protect your data?
- Stem7 Limited is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of measures, including but not limited to, firewalls and encrypted files in order to protect your personal information from unauthorised access and improper use or disclosure.
What collective information do we gather about the Stem7 website traffic?
- We gather information and statistics collectively about all visitors to our website. This information helps us determine what is most beneficial for our users and how we can continually improve our online services.
- Stem7 Limited is an equal opportunities employer and a company committed to diversity. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
How will we contact you?
- We may contact you by phone, email or social media. If you prefer a particular contact means over another please just let us know.
How can you contact us?
- If you are unhappy with how we’ve handled your information, or have further questions on the processing of your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance.
- Please send your request by email to DPO@stem-7.com
Changes to the Privacy Notice